Since 2004, the St. Agnes Academy Alumnae Board has honored an alumna each year with the Veritas Award. Alumnae are nominated by their peers, co-workers, classmates, family members, or friends based on professional and academic achievement, community service, leadership, integrity, and commitment and dedication to St. Agnes.
Please nominate an alumna by describing how she embodies the spirit of Veritas. Describe her dedication to St. Agnes, the community, and humanity, as well as her achievements academically, professionally, and in leadership roles.
CLICK HERE TO NOMINATE AN ALUMNA
NOMINATION REQUIREMENTS AND PROCESS:
- A nominee must be a graduate of St. Agnes.
- An alumna may be nominated by anyone – a friend, coworker or relative. The person nominating does not have to be an alumna.
- Nominations will be taken from the community: March 18 – April 7, 2013.
- Voting will take place at the Alumnae / SAYPO Board meeting on Monday, April 8, 2013; voting will be done by the Boards.
- Honoree will be notified the week of April 9, 2013.
- Honoree will be honored at a presentation on June 8, 2013 at the all-class reunion.
SUGGESTED GUIDELINES FOR NOMINATING:
- DEDICATION TO ST. AGNES: What St. Agnes events has the nominee supported? Has she contributed to St. Agnes with her time or treasure?
- COMMUNITY & HUMANITY: Does the nominee represent the spirit of St. Agnes in the community? Does she help others? Does she give time or treasure to other charity organizations? Has she been honored by an organization? Does she encourage diversity in her life and in the lives of others?
- ACADEMICS: Does the nominee value and support study and education?
- PROFESSIONALISM & LEADERSHIP: Please describe your nominee’s professional life. Does she excel in her career and encourage others to do so? Has she won any professional awards?
ST. AGNES MISSION STATEMENT
Rooted in the Dominican tradition, St. Agnes Academy provides a Catholic college preparatory education that encourages young women to develop intellectual curiosity, to work for social justice, and to act with integrity and compassion.
A ST. AGNES GRADUATE:
- Witnesses Gospel values and lives Veritas through word and deed.
- Recognizes her Dominican heritage and incorporates prayer into her daily life.
- Demonstrates intellectual curiosity, critical thinking and a dedication to life-long learning.
- Embraces diversity and champions the marginalized in society.
- Confidently assumes personal leadership and acts with integrity and compassion.
- Recognized her interconnectedness with Earth and embraces her responsibilities for the children of all species.
- Celebrates life in a joyful, optimistic and productive manner.
- Has a deep commitment to social justice and making a difference in the world.
THE DOMINICAN PILLARS
Study, Prayer, Community, Preaching
VERITAS AWARD PAST RECIPIENTS
2012 - Sr. Carol Mayes, O.P. '56
2011 - Charla Ward Trader '64
2010 - Mary Ann Chambers '57
2009 - Debbie Sieck '87
2008 - Kathy Kokas '73
2007 - Janet Kingham Greenwood '57
2006 - Sister Therese Warden, O.P. '51
2005 - Eileen Antill '51
2004 - Calista Schneidau Herbert '69