- Encourage and recognize scientific and intellectual thought
- Advance the students' knowledge of classical and modern science
- Communicate with the scientific community
- Aid the civic community with its comprehension of science
- Encourage students to participate in community service and in turn, encourage a dedication to the pursuit of scientific knowledge that benefits all humankind
- Must have completed or be enrolled in a second science course: Biology 2, AP Biology 2, Chemistry 2, AP Chemistry 2, Anatomy, Physiology
- Must have an overall GPA of 3.75 or higher and a science GPA of 4.0 or higher
- Must receive ten points throughout the course of the year through tutoring, service, and donating to fundraisers
- Must attend at least 80% of SNHS sponsored events
Important Information for Members
- Members need to sign up for the email list for this society. If you do not know how to do this, email an officer. Emailing with be the primary method for communicating about meetings and point opportunities.
- Do not forget to keep track of your points. Ten points are required throughout the course of the year, five of which must pertain to the scientific community.
- If you are interested in tutoring, sign up at a meeting and be sure to identify the science subject that you are comfortable tutoring.
- Applications are due by October 3, 2012.
Meetings: once a month at lunch
Sponsor: Saundra Coffey & Eric Silberman