YEAR-END GIVING INFORMATION
There are many ways to make a gift. No matter which avenue you choose, it is important to make sure your transfer is made, you have postmarked your envelope, or made your gift online HERE
by December 31 to be counted for the current tax year.
The IRS considers a credit card gift made at the moment the transaction is processed.
- Online: Gifts made online (transaction completed) by 11:59 p.m. on December 31, 2019 will be counted for 2019. Make your gift online by clicking on the fund you wish to give to on the main menu.
- By phone: Credit card gifts made via phone must be completed by 3 p.m. on Tuesday, December 31, 2019. Contact Pattie Schmidt at 713.219.5420 before 3 p.m. on Tuesday, December 31, to make your gift. Please note St. Agnes Academy will be closed Tuesday, December 24 – Wednesday, January 1. Our office will be open on Tuesday, December 31, from noon until 3 p.m.
- By mail (USPS): Checks dated on or before December 31, 2019 and postmarked on or before December 31, 2019 will be counted for 2019 regardless of when they are received at St. Agnes Academy.
- In person or other delivery method (FedEx, UPS, etc.): Checks dated on or before December 31, 2019 and received at St. Agnes Academy by 3 p.m. Central Standard Time on Tuesday, December 31, 2019 will be counted for 2019. Please ensure delivery by the 3 p.m. deadline to allow time for processing.
- Mail, deliver or bring checks to:
St. Agnes Academy
Attn: Pattie Schmidt
9000 Bellaire Blvd.
Houston, TX 77036
Securities (Stocks, Bonds, Mutual Funds)
- If planning a gift of securities, please speak to your broker to ensure the transaction is completed on or before December 31, 2019.
- When giving gifts of appreciated securities you save on capital gains taxes, whether you itemize or not. For example, a gift of stock that was purchased for $1,000 and is now worth $10,000 will save all of the capital gains tax on $9,000.
- Click HERE to access our Stock Form.
- If you are 70 ½ years old or older, you may redirect you Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) as a Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) from an IRA to a charity of your choice. (The limit is $100,000).
Questions? Contact Pattie Schmidt
at 713.219.5420 before 3 p.m. on Tuesday, December 31.